- 1 tablespoon raw shelled hemp seeds*
- 1 cup frozen mango cubes
- 1 cup chopped unpeeled English cucumber
- 3/4 cup pure organic apple juice (not from concentrate)**
- 3/4 cup packed fresh organic baby spinach
- 1 to 2 tablespoons packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- Add the hemp seeds to a blender. Cover and blend until powdery.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until well puréed.
- Pour into a pilsner glass or large goblet and enjoy.
*If you choose to make this beverage a meal replacement, add an additional 2 tablespoons hemp seeds for an extra protein boost . The smoothie will then provide 410 calories and 13g protein.
**For a lower calorie option and fewer sugar grams, replace the 3/4 cup apple juice with 3/4 cup cold filtered water, an additional 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice and, if desired, organic stevia or monk fruit sweetener to taste. The smoothie will then provide 220 calories and 31g sugars.
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 large drink
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 53g
- Sodium: 45mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 63g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: smoothie, green smoothie, beverage, fruits, veggies, post-workout, energy drink