- 3 large sun-dried tomato halves, not oil-packed, finely chopped (do not rehydrate)
- 1 scallion, green and white parts, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned whole grain rolled oats
- 3 cups packed fresh baby spinach (3 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest + additional for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon crumbled soft goat cheese*
- Bring 1 1/4 cups water, the sun-dried tomatoes, scallion, and pepper to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the oats, and stir until fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and stir until fully wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 teaspoon of the lemon zest and salt to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with the goat cheese, garnish with additional lemon zest, and serve. Enjoy alongside a cup of green tea and, if you wish, a serving of fresh seasonal fruit.
Per serving: 240 calories, 4.5g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 5mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 41g total carbohydrate, 9g dietary fiber, 4g sugars, 12g protein
*If you prefer to go vegan, simply skip the goat cheese. The oatmeal will still be tasty while providing 20 fewer calories.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups