- 8 ounces tri-color grape tomatoes (about 24)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces dry whole grain rotini or farfalle
- 1/3 cup fresh vegan basil pesto (see below) or pesto of choice
- 1½ cups packed fresh baby arugula (1½ ounces)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, pan-toasted
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat a grill or grill-pan. Insert grape tomatoes onto skewers. Brush with the olive oil. Grill over direct medium-high heat until rich grill marks form, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta per package directions (ideally in salted water), about 10 minutes. Drain, toss with ice cubes to cool, then drain again.
- Toss the cooled pasta with the pesto. Then toss with the arugula, grilled grape tomatoes, sea salt, and pine nuts. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve with the lemon wedges.
Per serving: 340 calories, 12g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 54g total carbohydrate, 8g dietary fiber, 3g total sugars includes 0g added sugars, 12g protein
- Serving Size: 1 1/3 cups