Makes 12 servings: 3 tablespoons each
Have I got a dip for you! Since avocado is my favorite food on the planet, I’m always looking for new ways to enjoy it. I was delighted to reinvent this simple recipe into an avocado lovers’ version. Try it out soon. It’s a lovely change of pace from a traditional guacamole and it’s sort of frosting-like … in the savory sense. Serve this fluffy delight as a dip with your favorite crisp veggies or tortilla chips. Or savor its creaminess as a dreamy sandwich spread. Move over mustard!
Calories Saved: 20
2 Hass avocados, pitted and peeled
6 ounces organic Neufchatel, at room temperature
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 large clove garlic, creamed
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Adjust seasoning.
- Spoon the dip into a serving bowl. Enjoy as an appetizer with organic tortilla chips or sweet red bell pepper strips. Or serve as a sandwich or veggie burger condiment.
Per serving: 110 calories, 10g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 10mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 3g total carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 1g sugars, 2g protein
The “Before” Recipe
submitted by anonymous
Makes 12 servings
1 Hass avocado
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer until creamy and no lumps remain.
- Spoon the dip into a serving bowl. Serve as an appetizer with tortilla chips.
Per serving: 130 calories, 13g total fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 25mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 2g total carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 1g sugars, 1g protein
- Add an extra avocado (Mmm!) to let it truly stand out as the star of the dip
- When using Neufchatel instead of full fat cream cheese, go for more aromatic goodness, such as with fresh garlic
- Squirt in lemon and lime juice instead of just lemon for more citrus interest
- Sprinkle in a few dashes of hot sauce for flavor oomph
- Spend an extra minute whipping up the dip to make the texture more voluminous and velvety