This dark chocolate cherry martini is like an indulgent milkshake and a cocktail all in one! You actually get a triple delight of chocolate from the chocolate liqueur, white crème de cacao, and shaved dark chocolate rim. Though your favorite feature will likely be the intriguing cherry accent from Bordeaux Maraschino Cherries. They are handpicked Dark Sweet Cherries grown in Oregon—and contain absolutely no artificial ingredients. Plus, they’re so easy to use, making them a great addition to any cocktail, including this delicious drink.
All you need to do to make this martini is plop the cherries into a blender along with the rest of the ingredients, puree, and strain. As a bonus, if you use coconut nectar rather than honey and barista-style plant-based milk instead of half-n-half, this beverage is 100% plant based. And don’t forget about the bonus fun …. that dark chocolate rim. Cheers!
- ½ teaspoon coconut nectar (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon shaved bittersweet chocolate
- 4 Bordeaux maraschino cherries, stems removed
- 1.5 ounces chocolate liqueur
- 1.5 ounces white crème de cacao
- 0.5 ounce vanilla vodka
- 2 ounces barista-style plant-based milk (or half-n-half), well chilled
- 1 large ice cube
- Rub the rim of a martini glass with coconut nectar. Dip the rim in shaved chocolate to fully coat.*
- Puree all remaining ingredients in a blender on high speed for about 20 seconds.
- Strain into the martini glass and serve.
*Alternatively, skip the coconut nectar and simply sprinkle the martini with the shaved chocolate.