- 8 grape tomatoes
- ½ large Hass avocado, in peel without seed
- 1 large slice whole grain sourdough bread
- 1½ teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 protein pick, such as plant-based breakfast sausage, chickpeas, or edamame
- 2 lemon wedges, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander or cumin (or try both!)
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts, pan-toasted or raw
- 2 tablespoons small fresh basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon black sesame seeds (optional)
- Fully preheat a grill or grill-pan over medium-high heat. Insert grape tomatoes onto two (6- to 8-inch) bamboo or reusable skewers. Lightly brush the tomatoes, avocado half, and bread slice with the olive oil.
- Grill the tomato skewers, avocado, and bread until rich grill marks form, about 3 minutes for the avocado (cut side only) and 5 minutes total for the tomatoes and bread. Remove from the grill.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with a pinch of the salt and slightly smash with a fork.
- Prepare your protein pick.
- Meanwhile, remove avocado peel. With a fork, mash together the avocado, juice from 1 lemon wedge, ground coriander, and remaining pinch of salt; spread onto the grilled toast.
- Top the avocado toast with your protein pick, smashed tomatoes, pine nuts, basil leaves and, if desired, sesame seeds. Serve with remaining lemon wedge and enjoy!
Per serving: 450 calories, 31g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium, 37g total carbohydrate, 8g dietary fiber, 4g total sugars includes 0g added sugars, 15g protein
- Serving Size: 1 topped toast