I can’t go a week without eating some kind of noodle dish, like these warm peanut noodles with cool confetti veggies! And while I generally just whip up a no-recipe-required bowl of noodles with whatever ingredients I have on hand, this is one of my favorite Thai-inspired versions. I made sure to write down exact measurements of what I generally do, so I can now share. This recipe is soy-free, gluten-free (depending on your noodle pick), and 100% plant-based. Most importantly, these warm peanut noodles with cool confetti veggies are 100% yummy!
And this is so easy to fix! While you’re cooking up your noodle pick, you’ll whisk together the peanutty sauce over medium heat until it simmers, then you’ll toss the two together. To serve, you’ll sprinkle with “confetti” – which is whatever finely diced veggies your heart desires. (Have fun with this part!) I simply used red bell pepper here. It’s a great use for extra vegetable scraps, too. To finish, sprinkle with sesame seeds. And if you’re like me, you’ll want to generously garnish with cilantro. Dig in!
Hint: If you’ve got leftovers, enjoy them cool by drizzling with a little extra rice vinegar and toasted sesame oil.
- 8 ounces dry noodles of choice, such as brown rice/corn spaghetti
- 1/4 cup no-sugar-added creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon natural sriracha sauce
- 1 cup finely diced veggies of choice (“confetti”), such as red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted black or white sesame seeds
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan, prepare the noodles per package directions in salted water.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the peanut butter, coconut aminos, coconut nectar, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, and sriracha until the sauce is well combined and simmering.
- Drain the noodles, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Add the drained noodles back into the dry large saucepan.
- Add the 1/4 cup cooking liquid to the sauce in the medium saucepan and whisk to combine. Pour the sauce over the noodles and toss to coat.
- Transfer the saucy noodles to a serving bowl or individual bowls and sprinkle with the raw veggies (“confetti”) and sesame seeds. Garnish with cilantro, if desired, and serve.
Per serving: 390 calories, 13g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 390mg sodium, 60g total carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 12g total sugars includes 8g added sugars, 10g protein