It may seem like a lazy thing to do, but I created this 100% plant-based pasta recipe because I’ve been way beyond busy lately. I know I’m not alone in that! That’s why this easy one-pot pasta with lemony greens and cashew cheese is sooo, sooo simple to make … just toss everything in a pot and cook, then add some delicious toppings. That’s it!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth or water
- 6 ounces dry pasta shape of choice, like penne, rotini, or rigatoni (I used Sfoglini hemp rigatoni here!)
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 20 grape tomatoes or 1/4 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Juice and zest of 1 small lemon (2 tablespoons juice)
- 4 ounces dollops of homemade Simple Cashew Cheese (see recipe below) or store-bought soft treenut cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup packed small fresh basil leaves
- In a covered extra-large saucepan over medium, cook all PASTA ingredients for 18 minutes, shaking pan (lid on) halfway through the cooking process. Remove from heat and let stand (lid on) for 2 minutes to complete the cooking.
- Remove lid, stir, adjust seasoning (if need), and transfer the PASTA to a platter.
- Add the TOPPINGS and serve.
Nutrition analysis includes all TOPPINGS. If you need to curb carbs, simply enjoy 1 rounded cup instead of 2, then enjoy your favorite protein-rich item along with this.
- Prep Time: 9
- Cook Time: 18
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 2 rounded cups
- Calories: 580
- Sugar: 4g includes 0g added sugars
- Sodium: 850mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 93g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 20g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: pasta, one-pot recipe, vegan pasta, plant-based pasta, greens, cashew cheese, plant-based recipe, easy recipe, simple recipe