On the lookout for a tasty new plant-based salad for your next cookout or picnic? I was! So, I created this curried chickpea salad with grilled veggies.
It’s sooo flavorful, colorful, aromatic, and filling. And all you need to do is make the curry dressing – just stir together vegan mayo, cilantro, chutney, curry powder, salt, pepper and, if you like a bit of heat, some hot pepper flakes. It’ll be thick enough to coat the chickpeas, which you’ll stir in next. Then you’ll finish with diced grilled or roasted bell pepper and grape tomatoes.
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayo, such as Primal Kitchen Vegan Mayo made with Avocado Oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Major grey’s chutney or other Indian-style mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can organic chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium orange or red bell pepper, grilled or roasted, diced
- 1/2 cup small grape tomatoes, grilled on skewers or roasted
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mayo, cilantro, chutney, curry powder, salt, black pepper and, if using, hot pepper flakes.
- Add the chickpeas and stir to combine.
- Fold in the prepared bell pepper and tomatoes, adjust salt to taste, and serve. Note: If making in advance, stir before serving.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Eastern Mediterranean, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Indian
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 420mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: salad, plant-based salad, chickpea salad, bean salad, cookout recipe, picnic recipe, vegan recipe