- 1 medium seasonal apple of choice, cored, unpeeled, finely diced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, with some seeds, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lime (1 tablespoon)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 4 (8-inch) whole grain tortillas
- 10 (3/4-ounce) slices natural sharp or extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 scallions, green and white parts, thinly sliced
- Stir together the apple, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Spritz two of the tortillas with cooking spray (fill a culinary bottle with grapeseed or extra-virgin olive oil). Flip over and top with the cheese and scallions. Then top with the remaining tortillas. Spritz the top of the tortillas with cooking spray.
- Cook each in a medium or large (PFOA-free) nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until the cheese is melted and quesadilla is browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges. Serve with the apple salsa.
Per serving: 370 calories, 20g total fat, 12g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 55mg cholesterol, 760mg sodium, 29g total carbohydrate, 5g dietary fiber, 7g sugars, 18g protein