- 2 tablespoons raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon hummus
- 2 slices seeded whole grain bread, fresh or grilled
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 large thin slice red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 Hass avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup packed fresh baby arugula
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Stir together the hemp seeds and hummus to form a paste in a small bowl. Spread onto 1 slice of the bread.
- Top with the basil, onion, avocado, salt, and pepper.
- Toss together the arugula and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add to the sandwich.
- Top with remaining bread slice and serve.
Per serving: 450 calories, 19g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 53g total carbohydrate, 15g dietary fiber, 12g sugars, 19g protein
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich