Looking for a high-flavor teriyaki cauliflower & kale stir-fry a try? Here you go! It’s got a punch of natural sweetness from pure pineapple juice, a spicy kick from red hot chili pepper, and extra zing from a generous amount of fresh ginger. Yum! And using cauliflower in this very veggie makeover keeps the dish hearty and satisfying — and 100% plant-based.
- 2/3 cup 100% pure pineapple juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons naturally-brewed reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 tablespoon unrefined sesame oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red hot chili pepper, extra-thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 1/4 pounds large bite-size cauliflower florets
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh organic baby kale
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- In a large liquid measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the pineapple juice, tamari, sesame oil, garlic, chili pepper, and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat the avocado oil in a wok or large cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Add the cauliflower and cook while stirring occasionally until well browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the pineapple juice mixture and cook while stirring occasionally until the sauce reduces (naturally thickens) and coats the cauliflower, about 8 minutes.
- Add the kale, remove from heat, and toss until kale just wilts, about 30 seconds. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve. Enjoy over steamed brown rice or my Superfood Basmati Pilaf (see simple recipe below).
To make my Superfood Basmati Pilaf: Combine 3 cups cooked brown basmati rice with 1/3 cup raw shelled hemp seeds, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, 1 tablespoon fresh grated turmeric, and 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice. If desired, add sea salt to taste. Makes about 3 cups.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 900mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: stir-fry, vegan stir-fry, vegetarian stir-fry, plant-based stir-fry, kale, cauliflower, teriyaki, teriyaki cauliflower