- 1 Hass avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced or cubed
- Juice of 1 lime (2 tablespoons), divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic black beans, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup diced fresh papaya or mango
- 4 cups fresh baby kale or spinach
- 1 cup fresh pico de gallo, drained*
- 2 scallions, green and white parts, thinly sliced
- 16 organic blue corn tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, gently toss together the avocado, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the lime juice, and 1/8 teaspoon of the salt. In a second small bowl, stir together the beans, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice, and ground coriander. In a third small bowl, gently toss together the papaya and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- In two large sealable bowls, arrange equal amounts of the kale and top with the pico de gallo, avocado mixture, bean mixture, papaya mixture, and scallions. (Alternatively, in two large jars, layer in order equal amounts of the pico de gallo, avocado mixture, bean mixture, papaya mixture, scallions, and kale.) Seal and chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to eat, fully toss the salad (or shake each jar). Break up the chips and sprinkle onto the salad. Serve with additional lime wedges on the side, if desired.
Per serving: 440 calories, 15g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 670mg sodium, 65g total carbohydrate, 26g dietary fiber, 9g sugars, 18g protein
*Pick up freshly prepared (not jarred) pico de gallo from your local market. Or make 1 cup of your own pico de gallo: Combine 7/8 cup finely diced tomato (without pulp/seeds), 2 to 3 tablespoons finely diced red onion, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon sea salt and, if desired, minced jalapeno to taste.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
Yum! This is totally my kind of lunch Jackie 🙂
So glad to hear that, Regan! Thanks! 🙂