- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash (about 3/4-inch cubes)
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, green and white parts separated
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grapeseed or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoons thinly sliced or minced fresh sage (optional)
- Fully heat the olive oil in a large, deep cast iron or other stick-resistant skillet over medium heat. Add the squash, bell peppers, serrano, white part of the scallions, and salt and cook while stirring occasionally (don’t overmix) until squash is crisp-tender, about 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the grapeseed or avocado oil and (if using) sage, increase heat to high, and cook while stirring occasionally (don’t overmix) until squash is tender and browned as desired, about 8 minutes. Stir in the green part of the scallions.
- Adjust seasoning, and serve.
Per serving: 150 calories, 9g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 20g total carbohydrate, 6g dietary fiber, 5g sugars, 2g protein
- Serving Size: 1 cup