For those times when you want to sip on a non-alcoholic drink or cool off with a refreshing beverage, this sparkling herbal cherry-ginger refresher is my new favorite pick! It provides the satisfaction of a craft cocktail—but without the alcohol, of course. The highlight: You’ll get a double dose of cherry goodness!
You won’t find artificially-colored, artificially-flavored maraschino cherries here. Instead, I used Bordeaux cherries which do not contain artificial ingredients of any kind! They’re an absolutely perfect pick from the Pacific Northwest and harvested by independent family farms.
For the beverage, you’ll muddle the Bordeaux maraschino cherries—plus you’ll use some of the cherry juice. If your tastebuds are anything like mine, you’ll appreciate the pure cherry sweetness that’s balanced by fresh mint, zingy ginger, a bright splash of lemon juice, and just-right fizziness from seltzer. Cheers!
- 6 Bordeaux maraschino cherries , stems removed
- 6 large fresh mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 2 ounces Bordeaux maraschino cherry juice
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- 3 ounces seltzer
- 1 large sprig of fresh mint
- Muddle the Bordeaux cherries and mint leaves in a cocktail shaker. Add the ginger, cherry juice, and lemon juice. Add ice, cover, and shake well.
- Strain into a Collins or other beverage glass. Add more ice to fill the glass. Then top with the seltzer.
- Garnish with the mint sprig.