- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large (about 9 ounces each) sweet potatoes, ends trimmed, scrubbed and cubed (about 3/4-inches)
- 1 large (about 8 ounces) russet potato, scrubbed and cubed (about 3/4-inches)
- 1 or 2 red bell peppers, large diced
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, green and white parts separated
- 1/2 cup Plant-Based Arugula Pesto (see below) or pesto of choice
- In a wok or extra-large, deep stick-resistant skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high. Add the sweet and russet potatoes and cook while stirring occasionally until the potatoes are lightly caramelized (browned), about 8 minutes. Add the bell pepper and cook while stirring until the potatoes are just fork tender and all veggies are well caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, cayenne, garlic, and white part is the scallions and cook while stirring until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Adjust seasoning.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl, sprinkle with the green part of the scallions, dollop with the arugula pesto, and serve.
Nutrition analysis includes the pesto.
- Category: brunch, side dish
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 rounded cup each
- Calories: 410
- Sugar: 8g includes 0g added sugars
- Sodium: 650mg
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: hash, potatoes, hash browns, russet potatoes, sweet potatoes, arugula, pesto, arugula pesto, side dish, brunch, plant-based side, plant-based brunch