If you marry a BLT sandwich with a bowl of gnocchi — and veganize it — you’ll get this super tasty plant-based BLT gnocchi dish! Or at least I did! So, now there’s no need to make decisions … you get to indulge in both comforting foods at once. And this is one indulgence that you’ll want often. I do!
- 16 ounces fresh or frozen cheese-free gnocchi of choice*
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (“nooch”)
- 3 ounces fresh organic baby spinach (3 cups packed)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (hydrate, if need), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts pan-toasted
- 3 grape tomatoes, extra-thinly thinly sliced
- 2 ounces plant-based portabella bacon strips or baby bella bacon bits (or vegan bacon of choice)
- 1/2 ounce fresh arugula microgreens or small fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons garlic, basil, or truffle oil (optional)
- Prepare gnocchi in boiling salted water; drain.
- Transfer gnocchi to a large skillet over medium-low heat. Gently stir with the olive oil, nutritional yeast, spinach, lemon zest, salt, hot pepper flakes, and sun-dried tomatoes until spinach just wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, top with the remaining ingredients, and serve.
This recipe is high in sodium. Simply use less or no added salt if you’re following a sodium-conscious eating plan.
- Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 460
- Sugar: 11g includes 1g added sugars
- Sodium: 930mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 14g
- Cholesterol: omg
Keywords: plant-based main dish, plant-based bowl, plant-powered bowl, gnocchi, plant-based blt, blt gnocchi, vegan gnocchi vegetarian gnocchi