- Heirloom tomatoes, various colors and sizes, cut into wedges and slices
- Sea salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Garlic clove(s), smashed
- Pasta of choice
- Plant-based mozzarella cheese, cut into wedges
- Small fresh basil leaves
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt. Set aside.
- Prepare pasta per package directions in salted water. Or “lid cook” it to save energy: Stir pasta into boiling water, bring back to a boil, cover with lid, turn off heat (or remove from burner is using electric), and “lid cook” the pasta (without cooking energy) for the exact time suggested on the package. That’s it!
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil with garlic over low heat.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the tomatoes and simmering garlic-infused oil. Top with the plant-based mozzarella and fresh basil, and serve.
Nutrition info varies.
- Category: Pasta, main dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: varies
Keywords: pasta, pasta alla checca, plant-based pasta, italian entree, vegan pasta, vegetarian pasta