- 1 fresh mango (about 14 to 15 ounces), peeled and cut into small cubes (1 cup cubes)
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime (2 tablespoons), divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or sunflower oil
- 1 medium sweet potato with peel (about 8 ounces), scrubbed and finely diced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, chilled
- 2 medium bell peppers, various colors, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen organic corn, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 burrito-size (10-inch) whole grain tortillas
- 1 large Hass avocado, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 ounces soft cashew cheese, scallion or regular flavor, crumbled (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together the mango, chipotle powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the lime juice, and 1/8 teaspoon of the salt. Set aside.
- In a large (12-inch or larger) deep cast iron or other stick-resistant skillet over medium-high, heat the oil. Add the sweet potato and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the rice, bell peppers, corn, turmeric, and black pepper and sauté until bell peppers are caramelized (browned), about 8 minutes. Add the black beans and cook while stirring until the beans are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the heat, stir in the cilantro and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice and 3/4 teaspoon salt, and adjust seasoning.
- Top each tortilla with the crumbled cashew cheese (if using), veggie mixture, cubed avocado, and chipotle mango; roll up burrito-style, folding in the sides. Cut in half, if desired. Alternatively, serve as burrito bowls, with tortillas on the side. Top as desired, such as with salsa verde, pico de gallo, or guacamole, and serve.
Per serving: 480 calories, 18g total fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 68g total carbohydrate, 14g dietary fiber (50% DV), 10g total sugars includes 0g added sugars, 15g protein, 327RAE (mcg) vitamin A (40% DV), 57mg vitamin C (60% DV), 3.4mg iron (19% DV), 746mg potassium (16% DV)
[Excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and dietary fiber; Good source of potassium and iron.]
- Serving Size: 1 burrito