If you accidentally spilled a fruit smoothie onto your oats and baked it, that’s sort of what this fruit smoothie-infused granola is! Instead of adding any kind of sugar or syrup to the recipe, you’ll get natural sweetness from a blended combination of banana and 100% fruit juice — a smoothie!
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) fruit juice of choice, such as 100% apple or pomegranate juice
- 1 medium fully-ripened banana, peeled (4.5 ounces slices; 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups (200 grams) old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup (37 grams) raw sunflower seeds, hulled and unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) no-shells lightly salted roasted pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a blender, puree the fruit juice, banana, oil, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour into a medium bowl. Add the oats, sunflower seeds, and salt and stir to evenly combine.
- Spread out the granola mixture onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 18 minutes. Stir in the pistachios and bake until the granola is just crisp, about 15 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven, place baking sheet on a cooling rack*, and let cool to fully crisp. Serve as desired, such as with plant-based yogurt, fresh berries, and an optional drizzling of coconut nectar.
*Optional add-ins immediately after baking: Dried tart cherries, diced dried figs or dates, cacao nibs, and/or toasted coconut chips.
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 4g includes 0g added sugars
- Sodium: 180mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: granola, no-sugar-added, oats, breakfast, no-sugar-added granola, cereal, plant-based, vegan breakfast, plant-based breakfast