- 2/3 cup frozen blueberries, preferably wild (3 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 5 large fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces American-made vodka (like Tito’s Handmade, Square One, or Crop Harvest Earth Organic)
- 2 1/2 fluid ounces natural lemon-mint soda, sparkling lemonade, or ginger ale*
- In a blender, fully puree all ingredients except the soda.**
- Add the soda to the blender, then strain the cocktail through a fine mesh strainer into a chilled martini glass, pressing the contents through the strainer.
- Garnish with a few blueberries or a fresh mint sprig, if desired.
*If you prefer/need to choose a sugar-free soda, try Zevia zero-calorie mixers or sodas.
**In step 1, if you need, drizzle a little bit of the soda into the blender to help the puree process.
p.s. After straining, keep the remaining blueberry peels; whirl into a vinaigrette or smoothie.
- Serving Size: 1 martini