You can’t “beet” this! While I adore hummus (and so many other classic dips), I whip up this easy roasted beet dip when I want a change of taste — or a pop of vibrant color — or both. I love that all it takes is three plant-based ingredients—beets, tahini, and lemon juice — plus sea salt. It’s got the perfect touch of savoriness and hint of natural sweetness, too. Plus, it’s party friendly and beyond gorgeous to look at!
- 1 large (about 15-ounce) beet without leaves
- 1/2 cup tahini, unsalted
- Juice of 1 lemon (3 tablespoons)*
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- A generous pinch of freshly ground, pan-toasted coriander seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° Wrap the beet in recycled aluminum foil. Roast until cooked through, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Set aside for 15 minutes. Then remove foil. Chill the unpeeled beet overnight in a covered glass bowl or container.
- Scrape off the beet skin with the back of a paring knife. Roughly chop the beet. Makes about 2 cups packed (14 ounces) roasted chopped beet.
- Add the chopped beet along with any residual juices, tahini, lemon juice, salt, and (if using) ground coriander to a blender. Puree on high speed until velvety smooth, at least 2 minutes. (Hint: If you need to add liquid for a thinner dip, ideally choose brewed unsweetened jasmine green tea and blend in by the teaspoon.)
- Transfer to a glass container or serving bowl, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
*Hint: If you enjoy citrusy zing, grated zest from the lemon, too!
- Category: Dip
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, American
- Serving Size: about 1/4 cup
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 3g includes 0g added sugars
- Sodium: 270mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: dip, party dip, party recipes, plant-based dip, beets, beet dip, vegan dip, vegetarian dip, superbowl dip, super bowl party snacks