- 1 fresh apricot (or peach half), halved and seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon avocado oil or sunflower oil
- 3 medium sweet bell peppers—red, orange, and yellow
- 1/3 cup (85 grams) no-sugar-added, no-salt-added peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon Asian garlic-chili sauce or spicy harissa sauce, or to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons freshly grated gingerroot (optional)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 8 ounces (225 grams) dry 100% buckwheat soba or noodles of choice
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) unsweetened jasmine green tea or other tea, or to taste (optional)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup (50 grams) dry roasted peanuts, whole or chopped
- 1 large handful (or 1/4 cup loosely packed) fresh cilantro leaves or small sprigs
- Fully heat the grill (or grill pan). Brush the cut side of the apricot halves with the avocado oil. Grill the cut surface of the apricot halves and the whole bell peppers over direct medium-high heat until charred as desired, about 3 minutes for apricot halves and 8 minutes total for peppers. Set aside.
- Prepare the noodles per package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, puree the grilled apricot halves, peanut butter, vinegar, tamari, garlic-chili sauce, ginger (if using), and sesame oil until creamy. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Drain the noodles, toss with ice cubes to cool and, when ice cubes are melted, drain noodles well.
- Add the noodles to the sauce and toss to fully coat. Add desired amount of tea, if any, to reach desired saucy consistency.
- Thinly slice the grilled peppers and toss with the peanut noodles. Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with the sesame seeds, peanuts, and cilantro, and serve.
- Category: Main dish, salad, side
- Cuisine: Asian
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 6g includes 0g added sugars
- Sodium: 590mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cold peanut noodles, plant-based bowl, plant-based noodles, soba noodles, veganbowl grilled peppers, peanut sauce