- 1/3 cup natural whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 8 slices whole grain sourdough bread
- 8 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups packed fresh baby arugula
- Stir together the cranberry sauce, mustard, and rosemary in a small bowl. Spread the cranberry-mustard sauce over 4 slices of the bread. Top with the cheese slices. Add the remaining bread slices to form sandwiches. Spritz both sides of the sandwiches with cooking spray*.
- Preheat a panini grill to medium-high. In batches, place sandwiches into the grill. Grill until golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Slice the paninis in half, if desired, stuff with the arugula, and serve immediately.
Per serving: 390 calories, 16g total fat, 9g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 45mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 40g total carbohydrate, 4g dietary fiber, 13g sugars, 17g protein
FOR MEAT EATERS:
Add 1 ounce thinly sliced turkey breast (like roasted holiday leftovers!), generously seasoned with black pepper, or add 2/3 ounce extra-thinly sliced prosciutto between the cheese slices into each sandwich before grilling. Each sandwich will provide 430 calories—and be extra satisfying, naturally.
*Fill a Misto or other culinary spray bottle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Serving Size: 1 panini